CIMCON’s Blue Light Emergency Mobile App replaces out dated and often non-functioning blue light emergency kiosks with a campus-wide, robust smartphone app that provides greater student access, immediate emergency location information, and comprehensive reports showing areas of possible security concern. It replaces an expensive physical station with an easy-to-use application designed to improve campus safety by letting students connect with security personnel at the touch of a button on their iPhone® or Android™ devices. When a student, faculty or staff member activates the app, nearby street lights equipped with CIMCON’s intelligent street light controls will come up to full brightness if dimmed and then blink rapidly. An audio alert and GPS route information to the student will also appear on campus security mobile phones. When campus security staff acknowledges receipt of a student’s request, a notification is sent back to the student letting them know that help is on its way.
Campus security officials responding to the alert can then select the "Route" button to obtain a map with the GPS coordinates of the location of the person seeking help, They can also get verbal directions to navigate to the student’s location. Upon arrival, the campus security official can select the "STOP" button to return the blinking lights to their last programmed configuration. The student's request for "HELP" and its deactivation are logged for reporting purposes.
Colleges and universities wishing to implement the Blue Light application can easily purchase and install CIMCON controllers and Lighting Management Software with a Blue Light Application Licensing Agreement. CIMCON's controllers and LMS will also provide a college or university with the opportunity to take advantage of the many other benefits available from CIMCON's controllers including management and health monitoring of lighting assets, adaptive dimming schedules to conserve energy, full status reporting, dashboards and text and email maintenance alerts.
- Works on CIMCON's iSLC-3100-7P, iSLC-3100-480-7P and iSLC-3300 with a separate "Blue Light" Application software license.
- Designed for the iPhone 5S/5C, 6/6Plus, 7/7Plus, and Android 4.4+.
- Lights can be controlled by the app within a 100-meters radius. Alerts are sent via SMS or Push Notifications to campus security phones.
- A wide variety of application activity reports are available.
- Improves access and therefore safety ( each student phone with this app essentially acts like a “Blue Light” kiosk.).
- Does not require expensive and time consuming trenching to install “Blue Light” kiosks throughout the campus.
- Improves reliability over traditional methods.
- Eliminates the need for colleges/universities to maintain and upgrade expensive physical "Blue Light" systems.
- Provides comprehensive dashboard and analysis of potential areas of campus that are more prone to security risks providing an opportunity to address them.