First Responder Mobile Application
When responding to a nighttime roadside emergency, First Responders require as much street and roadway illumination as possible to efficiently perform their tasks and provide safe passage for others in the area. Concurrently, cities and towns are under budget constraints and need to reduce street light energy costs. Thus lights may be dimmed in the area of the emergency and will need to be brought to full illumination immediately. Cities are also oversizing their lights so that they run cooler, last longer and still leave enough “headroom” to compensate for lumen depreciation over the lifetime of the fixture. In many cases, Cities are dimming their street and roadway lighting 20% “out-of-the-box”. In the case of a roadway emergency, lights in the vicinity will need to be immediately brought to full brightness. CIMCON's "First Responder" Mobile Application solves this dilemma at the touch of a button.
City street lights equipped with CIMCON controls and "First Responder" mobile application capabilities allow emergency responders to make area street lights "blink" or "brighten" when additional lighting is needed during an emergency through a Smartphone app. The "blink" command alerts individuals in the surrounding area of a potential problem. The "brighten" command brings dimmed area street lights up to 100% to provide the extra light where and when needed.
CIMCON's controls equipped with the "First Responder" mobile application capabilities allow cities and towns to enjoy the many benefits of lighting controls such as scheduled dimming for reduce energy costs, asset management via GPS, health monitoring of lighting assets to reduce maintenance costs and safer working conditions for emergency first responders.
City residents experience improved public safety as they are made aware of potential emergency situations when first responders activate either the "blink" or "brighten" commands.
- Works with CIMCON's iSLC-3100-7P, iSLC-3100-480-7P and iSLC-3300 with a separate "First Responder" Application software license.
- Designed for the iPhone 5S/5C, 6/6Plus, 7/7Plus, and Android 4.4+.
- Lights can be controlled by the app up to 100-meters away. A wide variety of application activity reports are available.
- One touch "Blink" or "Brighten" button to activate lights.
- Provides additional lighting when and where needed, while still conserving energy costs.
- Easy to install.
- Comprehensive reports allow a city to monitor activity and assign emergency services resources where needed.