Outdoor LED lighting provides an easy, cost effective way for cities to begin their Smart City journey by providing the ability to add intelligent controls and sensors. Roadway and street lights are the ideal starting point in creating a Smart City infrastructure for the following reasons:
- Roadway and street lights are ubiquitous where people live and work.
- Street light poles are easily accessible to install wireless lighting controls and to deploy sensors and other devices on or near the pole.
- Street lights provide 24/7 electric power for future add-on applications like sensor platforms for deploying other Smart City applications.
CIMCON’s intelligent street light controls and cloud-based Lighting Management System (LMS) are a critical step on the journey to a Smart City.
CIMCON’s controls and LMS allow cities to provide smarter lighting and expand their vision of enhanced services to residents including Small Cell towers, Environmental Monitoring, Video Analytics, Digital Signage and EV Chargers.
When examining your vision for a Smart or Connected City, it helps to think of opportunities to not just monitor and maintain your lighting assets, but also monetize them. It also helps to think about these assets in three key areas:
- The street light fixture and pole;
- Other assets mounted on the pole such as “small cell” towers, EV chargers, surveillance cameras and environmental monitors; and,
- Other assets near the pole such as parking spaces, waste receptacles, and yes, even people who will interact with the Smart City through smartphone apps and other means.
The migration out of legacy lighting and into LEDs coupled with the pressure to provide more and better city services to residents represents a unique opportunity for a city to start down its journey to a Smart City. The key to this journal lies in the ability for the City to deliver value today while “future-proofing” its investment. This means creating a system that offers network independence, a modular approach, an open architecture with full support for APIs and a partner ecosystem that can deliver the products and services that residents will demand.
CIMCON’s extensive API library also enables cities to provide a safer environment for residents and visitors with new applications such as our Blue Light Emergency Mobile Application, First Responder Application and Park Safety Application. As cities take on the management of street lighting as well as the management of other assets located on the pole and those assets near the pole, CIMCON’s technologies can help minimize energy and maintenance expenses while maximizing opportunities for revenue growth.
- Full ANSI C 136.41 7-pin dimming receptacle support
- Remote control, scheduling and monitoring
- GPS integration for easy asset management
- Flexible dimming controls
- Revenue grade energy metering at .5% accuracy.
- Asset management
- Self-organizing, self-healing network
- Alert notifications via email and SMS text messages
- Extended surge protection
- Optional sensor inputs on pins 6 & 7.
- Reduce Energy Costs through adaptive dimming
- Reduce Maintenance and Repair Costs with "one trip" repair
- Reduce light pollution
- Increased lamp life
- "Plug and Play" installation
- Exceptional fault tolerance
- Increase safety through improved quality of lighting services